Foreign citizens appointed, under a contract, for managerial or administrative positions in Brazil, must have this type of visa. The form for applying for a visa may be downloaded here (pdf file).
A ‘Permanent Work Visa’ can only be issued once the Consulate General has received authorisation from Brazil.
- Approval of the contract by the Brazilian Ministry of Labour and Employment is required (it is the responsibility of the employer to make all necessary arrangements related to the contract in Brazil, prior to lodging the visa application)
- Applicants must have lived in the UK for at least one year prior to the visa application
- Applicants must lodge their application in person
- Applicants intending to travel accompanied by spouses or children must present their marriage and birth certificates, for legalisation
- First entry into Brazil must be within 90 days from the date the visa is issued (It is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure the application is lodged accordingly)
- Within 30 days of arrival in Brazil, bearers of this type of visa must register with the Brazilian Immigration authorities (DPMAF) and submit the second copy of the visa application form, which will have been stamped and returned to them by the Consulate General
- Applicant’s passport, valid for no less than 6 months (Soiled, damaged or defaced passports will not be accepted)
- Two application forms, duly filled and signed by the applicant
- Two passport-size photographs
- For applicants of 18 years of age or above: Certificate of Prosecution/Conviction History
- Certificate of vaccination, where necessary
- Receipt of payment of the consular fee
Note: Holders of a Brazilian ‘Resident Visa’ are exempt from paying import duty on their personal and household goods as well as professional equipment, provided that their belongings arrive in Brazil no earlier than 3 months and no later than 6 months from the traveller’s arrival in the country