Foreign citizens travelling to Brazil as media correspondents, as well as members of Government or commercial press agencies must have this type of visa. The form for applying for a visa may be downloaded here (pdf file).
- First entry into Brazil must be within 90 days from the date the visa is issued. (It is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure the application is lodged accordingly)
- Within 30 days of arrival in Brazil, bearers of this type of visa must register with the Brazilian Immigration authorities (DPMAF) and submit the second copy of the visa application form, which will have been stamped and returned to them by the Consulate General.
Documents required prior to application to the Ministry of External Relations of Brazil:
Letter from employer stating:
- Applicant’s full name, nationality, place and date of birth, full names of parents, passport number and validity
- Anticipated duration of employment in Brazil
- Confirmation that employer will be responsible for the applicant’s remuneration and return to the UK
- Approval by the Ministry of External Relations of Brazil may take up to 2 weeks
Once approval has been granted:
- Applicant’s passport, valid for no less than 6 months (Soiled, damaged or defaced passports will not be accepted)
- Two visa application forms, duly filled and signed by the applicant
- Two passport-size photographs
- For applicants of 18 years of age or above: Certificate of Prosecution/Conviction History
- Certificate of vaccination, where necessary
- Receipt of payment of the consular fee