The payment of customs duties is not required in case of goods purchased at duty-free shop facilities, when, cumulatively:
- Their gross value is not more than five hundred US dollars;
- They were purchased at a duty free shop located at the airport where the luggage will be examined by the Brazilian Customs upon arrival;
- Their quantities will be limited as specified in the case of the following goods:
- 24 units of alcoholic beverages (liquor), observed the maximum of 12 units per type of beverage.
- 20 foreign made cigarette packs.
- 25 units of cigars or similar products.
- 250g of pipe tobacco.
- 10 units of makeup items.
- 3 units of watches, toys, games, electric or watches, toys, games, electric
Notice: Goods bought at duty free shop facilities, located abroad or in any other Brazilian airport in Brazil different than the airport of arrival will be inspected by the Brazilian Customs Authority and will not be exempt of the customs duties payment.