Joao Pessoa

Simply the Best Site about João Pessoa

Paraíba Paradise

Sponsored Links

Le Petit Paradis Pousada in Joao Pessoa

Family run Guest House in a quiet residential street and close to local amenities

Visa FAQ

Can a visa be fast-tracked?
No. Visas are usually issued in no less than five working days. Visas for certain nationalities may take up to two weeks to be issued, where they are subject to prior approval by the Ministry of External Relations in Brasília.

Can someone else lodge my application for a visa?
A Tourist Visa can be applied for through a visa service company, a friend, a relative, or by post. When applied for through a visa service company, or by post, there will be a charge of £8.00 in addition to the visa fee.

When my visa is issued, can someone else collect it?
Yes, provided that the person collecting the visa presents the slip issued by the Consulate General when the application was lodged.

What is the maximum length of time a tourist can spend in Brazil?
A tourist can stay in Brazil for a maximum of six months in any twelve-month period. He must first have obtained a visa for 90 days. Once in Brazil, he may apply for a single extension of up to 90 additional days. At the end of the extended stay, the tourist must leave the country, and may only return to Brazil as a tourist after another six months have elapsed.

Can I have my visa extended while in Brazil?
Most Brazilian visas are extendable, and if they are the extension may be obtained while in Brazil. Extensions are granted by the Brazilian Federal Police (DPF). The DPF has offices in the capital city of each state. Applications for extension must be made no more than one month and no less than two weeks before the visa expires. Please bear in mind that approval of a request for a visa extension is entirely at the discretion of the Brazilian Federal Police.

Can a tourist work in Brazil?
Holders of ‘Tourist Visas’ are not allowed to work in Brazil. “Working Holiday Visas” do not exist in Brazil.

Can a tourist apply for a work permit without having to leave the country?
No. Tourists are not allowed to change their visa status while in the country. Prospective employers must apply for a work permit on behalf of the tourist they wish to employ; if the permit is granted, the tourist will have to leave Brazil and return to his country of residence, where his ‘Work visa” will be issued by a Brazilian Consulate.

Is a tourist allowed to buy property in Brazil? Yes. However, owning property does not give a tourist a right of residence in Brazil. Only investment in a business may give a tourist a right of residence.

Is a ‘Business Visa’ the same as a ‘Work Visa’?
No. A ‘Work Visa’ requires the approval of the Brazilian Ministry of Employment. The procedure has to be initiated by the prospective employer in Brazil. Once approval is given, the relevant authorization is relayed to a Brazilian Consulate in the applicant’s country of residence, which will then issue the visa. A ‘Business visa’ is only granted to applicants wishing to do business in Brazil and not to applicants seeking employment in Brazil

Is a visa required for filming in Brazil?
For some nationalities a visa is not required. Citizens of those countries for which a visa is not required need simply to have a certificate of exemption stamped in their passports. For some nationalities, a ‘Temporary-Item II Visa’ is required. In either case, prior approval of the project is required: the person intending to film in Brazil must seek assistance from a Brazilian co-producer, who will apply to the Brazilian National Cinema Agency (ANCINE) on his behalf for approval. Once ANCINE’s approval to film is granted, the relevant authorisation is relayed to the Brazilian Consulate in the applicant’s country of residence, either by ANCINE itself or by the Brazilian co-producer. Upon receipt of the authorisation and presentation of the applicant’s passport, the Consulate will issue the visa, or the certificate of exemption, as applicable. For ‘Temporary-Item II Visas’, a consular fee of £48.00 is charged. Certificates of exemption are issued free of charge.

Does an artist need a visa to perform in Brazil?
If the artist is charging a fee to perform, a ‘Work Visa’ will be required. If the artist himself is not receiving payment, but tickets are sold at the box office, a ‘Work Visa’ will be required. In the event that neither fees are paid to the artist nor box office proceeds are charged by the organizer, the artist is allowed to perform as a tourist, i.e. without a ‘Work Visa’, such cases are rare and usually limited to festivals.

Is a holder of a ‘Student Visa’ allowed to work in Brazil?
Holders of ‘Student Visas’ are not allowed to work in Brazil.

Is a holder of a ‘Student Visa’ allowed to stay in Brazil after the end of his/her course?
No. When a student finishes his/her course, he/she has to exit the country no later than the visa expiry date. The former student may re-enter the country as a tourist, provided that he/she has obtained a tourist visa (if applicable), and depending on Brazilian Immigration at the port of entry.

Can a ‘Permanent visa’ based on Investment be applied for at the Consulate General?
No. This type of visa can only be applied for in Brazil, either by the applicant, or by a representative of the applicant with a power of attorney. Anyone wishing to apply for this visa should contact the Brazilian National Council for Immigration (Conselho Nacional de Imigração), at the Ministry of Labour and Employment. The Ministry of Labour and Employment has offices in the capitals of each State. Once approval is granted, the ensuing visa authorisation is relayed to the Brazilian Consulate in the applicant’s country of residence, where the ‘Permanent Visa’ will be issued. ‘Permanent Visas’ cannot be issued in Brazil.

What is the validity of a Certificate of Prosecution/Conviction History?
This certificate is valid for three months only.

What is the validity of an authorisation for the Consulate General to grant a Work Visa?
Counting from the day the authorisation reaches the Consulate General, the applicant has six months to obtain his visa.

Can a journalist/correspondent have his visa’s validity extended while in Brazil?
No. He has to return to his country of residence and apply for a new ‘Correspondent Visa’, following the same procedures as were followed for obtaining the original visa.

Can a non-Brazilian who is legally married to a Brazilian apply for permanent residence in Brazil?
Yes. If he got married in Brazil, he must submit his original Brazilian marriage certificate; if he got married abroad, he must submit the marriage certificate issued by the Brazilian Consulate in the country where the marriage took place. The non-Brazilian applicant must also present a Certificate of Prosecution/Conviction History from his/her country of residence, issued no more than twelve months prior to the application. To be valid in Brazil, his Certificate has to be duly legalised by the Brazilian consulate in his country of residence.

Can a retired non-Brazilian with a pension of less than the equivalent of US$2,000.00 apply for a ‘Permanent Visa’? Yes, provided that the applicant submits documentary proof that he/she has extra income to complement his/her pension, making up for the total amount of US$2,000.00. Only documents with signatures duly certified by a Notary Public will be accepted.

Does a ‘Permanent Visa’ based on a retirement pension of a minimum of US$2,000.00 cover any dependents?
Yes. It may cover the applicant’s spouse, his/her children under 21 years of age, or parents who are physically dependent or financially supported by the applicant. In the case of parents, proof of their of the physical or financial dependence must be presented.

Can property in Brazil be considered an investment if, for example, it is rented out, or if people are employed to look after it? No. A ‘Permanent Visa’ based on investment may be granted to the applicant who wishes to establish himself in Brazil with the purpose of investing no less than US$50,000.00 of his own foreign currency resources in productive activities in Brazil. The Brazilian Immigration authorities may exceptionally authorise that a ‘Permanent Visa’ is granted to an applicant who cannot invest the minimum amount, but who is able to submit a business plan anticipating the creation of at least ten new jobs over a five-year period, to be filled by Brazilian workers.

Is an authorisation to travel to Brazil required for a minor (under 18)?
Yes. Both parents must give their consent for a minor to travel alone. Their authorisation (in English or Portuguese) must include the Minor’s full name, passport number, approximate dates of arrival in and exit from Brazil, and the name, address and telephone number of the person with whom he/she will be staying in Brazil (if applicable). The parents’ signatures on this document have to be certified by a Notary (not a Solicitor or a Commissioner for Oaths), and after that, legalised by the Consulate General. The minor has to submit this document to Immigration upon his arrival in Brazil, whenever travelling inside Brazil, and upon exiting the country. If the minor is travelling to Brazil in the company of only one parent, a similar authorisation from the other parent must be submitted. If a visa is required from a minor, the authorisation to travel alone must be submitted at the same time as the visa application.

buy isoptin
buy viagra san francisco
Buy viagra cheaply
best place to buy generic viagra online
buy viagra online discount
viagra from canada
Buy viagra Mesa
buy real viagra online
Cheapest Viagra Online
Buy viagra usa
buy cheap viagra online
redtube viagra
buy viagra now
best place to buy viagra online reviews
buy discount viagra
canadian pharmacy generic viagra
viagra best buy
usa cialis
viagra best buy
buy sale viagra
cheapest viagra
buy viagra with discount